Monday, May 31, 2010

The Grand Canyon

Hi Room 4!

I'm still in the desert - and today I went to the Grand Canyon. It is a really, really big hole in the ground - it's bigger than Tawa and Wellington combined! It was made millions of years ago by earthquakes and big rivers gushing through the valley.

There are lots of interesting animals that live in and around the Grand Canyon. There are mountain lions, snakes, squirrels, lizards and big spiders. Luckily I didn't see any mountain lions or snakes.

I walked for a long way around the canyon. I had to wear lots of sunblock because it was so hot. I wish I'd remembered to get myself shorn before I left home - it's really hot in the desert under all of this wool.

Hope you're being good for Miss T!

Love

Lamb Chop xx




1 comment:

  1. Dear Lamb Chop,
    In the weekend I went out fishing. Lamb Chop, was the Grand Canyon cool? I have seen it on Little Einstein.
    From Brendan

    ReplyDelete