Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Hoover Dam



Hi Room 4!

It's getting really hot in the desert! I was driving through dry desert country and I turned a corner and all of a sudden there was a big blue lake in front of me! So I kept going and I came to a big thing that sort of looked like a bridge, but not quite.

It was the Hoover Dam - it is a big power station and is really impressive. It was built years and years ago - even before Miss T was born - actually even before Miss T's mum was born! They built it to stop floods, but it also makes power and supplies water to the people who live in the area. I bet they need all the water they can get - it sure is hot and dry out here!

Looking down into the Dam, I was frightened I would fall - it was a long way down!

Love
Lamb Chop

No comments:

Post a Comment